The EAAA is a nonpolitical and nonprofit professional association of scholars and students primarily based in East Asia and engaged in related anthropological work on Asia. It also welcomes scholars and students beyond East Asia to join the regional intellectual community.
(1) Any anthropologist who participates in the EAAA annual meeting is entitled for membership of the given year.
(2) Membership fees are identical to registration fees of the annual meeting of a given year.
(1) The responsibility for all matters of Association-wide governance rests with the Working Committee.
(2) The Working Committee is composed of previous conference organizers from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
(3) Retirement from the Working Committee is decided by the committee in due course.
4. Annual Meeting
(1) The principle of one conference per year will be followed.
(2) The five-year rotation of the conference venue among China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan will continue as the general rule, with flexibility within each five-year-cycle when necessary.
(3) The organizer of the annual meeting of a given year shall be approved by the Working Committee.
(4) The Registration fees and the size of annual meetings are determined by the organizer of the year.